Senior Independent Living
Moving from the home you’ve lived in for years can be a big step. That’s why we’ve designed our senior independent living community around the things that mean the most to you—freedom, independence, and ability to live the carefree, maintenance-free lifestyle you want. At Lake Port Square, you can spend your days doing exactly what you want to do, and you’ll find lots of services, amenities, and fun, engaging activities to help you live your very best life. It’s the retirement life you love—but even better!
Keep your body moving by taking part in our daily fitness and wellness programs.
Plus, get your personal workout in at our Fitness Center, take a swim at our indoor Aquatic Center, or just take a stroll on our beautiful walking paths.
Enjoy our calendar of outings and daytrips to all your favorite cultural and recreational spots
throughout the entire Leesburg area. Or hop our exclusive bus service for worship services, shopping excursions, and more. At Lake Port Square, we’re going places!
Indulge in your favorite pastimes or learn new skills in our arts and crafts classes and in our on-campus Woodworking Shop.
Have a green thumb? You’ll love tending your very own outdoor garden!
Check the daily calendar to see what fun activities and events are happening every day.
Meet your friends for a casual breakfast or lunch or even stop by for a grab and go in the Bistro or gather for a little friendly competition in the Game Room. You’ll find lots of great ways to socialize and make new friends at Lake Port Square!
- Restaurant-style, chef-prepared meals featuring delicious cuisine in our beautiful dining rooms. Visiting friends and family? We serve guests, too!
- Snacks always available!
- On-campus, full-service beauty and barber shop
- Indoor aquatic center with heated pool and whirlpool spa
- Fully equipped fitness center
- Putting green to help keep your game sharp
- Fitness and Wellness programs—including yoga and exercise classes
- Therapy room
- Arts & crafts studio and a woodworking shop
- Many wonderful places to gather, including our courtyard and gardens, library, game rooms, and café/bistro
- Walking trails to keep you in touch with nature
- Computer room with Internet access to keep you connected
As a life care community, Lake Port Square provides a seamless transition to assisted living, memory care, long-term care, or rehab, if ever needed.
At Lake Port Square, we know that the way we provide our services to you is just as important as the services themselves.
That’s why we’re committed to a culture of gracious hospitality and service that ensures that each interaction with you and your family is meaningful and memorable.
Below are just some of the personal services we provide:
- Scheduled transportation with our private cars to medical appointments, as well as bus service for shopping excursions, worship services and other leisure activities
- Personal concierge services
- On-campus bank branch makes handling your finances easy
- Weekly housekeeping and flat linen service, so you have more time to do the things you want to do
When you choose independent living at Lake Port Square, the only things you’re giving up are the things that can slow you down, hold you back, and keep you from living your very best retirement life.
These are just some of the residential services we take care of, so you don’t have to:
- Prompt and complete maintenance of your apartment home including all appliances supplied by Lake Port Square
- Meticulous lawn care and landscaping ensuring the grounds are always beautiful, safe and inviting for you and your visitors
- 24/7 security
- Expanded basic cable, pest control, and utilities included in your residence (except private phone and internet service)
- Wi-Fi access throughout common areas
- Emergency response system in every apartment home
Think of Lake Port Square as your new favorite dining spot—or spots! With our innovative dining program, you can enjoy a delicious variety of fresh, healthy, chef-prepared dishes in one of our dining rooms, tuck into some delicious bistro fare in our casual Bistro or reserve one of our Private Dining Rooms for a party or family gathering. It’s always up to you!
As a life care community, Lake Port Square allows you to live a vibrant, active lifestyle now, knowing you’ll have the security and convenient access to higher levels of quality, on-campus care whenever you need.
For an initial entrance payment and subsequent monthly fees, your living accommodations, services and amenities are customized to suit your personal lifestyle and changing needs, so you can reside in the appropriate level of care—whether it be assisted living, long-term care or short-term rehabilitation. A variety of financial programs allow you to preserve as much of your capital as you wish, which you may then pass on to your estate.
Many residents use a portion of the proceeds from the sales of their homes to fund their entrance payment. The IRS has ruled that portions of both your entrance payment and monthly fees are deductible on your federal income return as prepayment of medical expenses. You can learn more by consulting your tax advisor.
Events For Prospective Residents
Interested in Lake Port Square? Come join us at one of our fun and informative special events for prospective residents! It’s a great opportunity for you to learn more about us and see first-hand all the incredible amenities we have to offer.See Events
Costs can vary widely depending on the community and the services offered.
A life care community (like Lake Port Square) typically offers a residency agreement with a one-time entrance fee along with a monthly payment that covers the services provided. The entrance fee and monthly fee will vary depending on the size of the residence and the number of occupants. When needs change, care is provided on site from people you already know and trust. In addition to an entrance fee, a monthly fee covers community maintenance, dining programs, and access to all the services and amenities of the community. The refund of your Entrance Fee will vary per the terms of your Residency Agreement.